Water is the source of livelihood – and is one of the key elements required to lose weight. Your body needs a whole lot of water for its daily functions. Drinking water and weight loss are directly related to each other. Human body is made up of 70% water. Without adequate water human body does not function properly. There are many benefits from water which aids weight loss. The process of burning calories requires an adequate supply of water. Water helps to lose weight by boosting your metabolism rate.
DEHYDRATION: It causes a reduction in blood volume. Reduction in blood volume causes a reduction in the supply of oxygen to your muscles. This affects your health and weight loss programs. Also, dehydration slows down the fat-burning process.
HYDRATION: It helps maintain muscles tone by assisting muscles in their ability to contract and it lubricates joints. Proper hydration is a great boon and helps in weight loss. A healthy weight loss diet includes a good amount of water consumption.
BENEFITS OF WATER
There are many reasons why it is important to drink water.
- Drinking more water can help you prevent over eating and benefit weight loss.
- Water is an appetite suppressant.
- It increases your metabolic functions.
- Drinking plenty of water helps minimize strong craving for food because it works towards reducing your appetite.
- Drinking water before, during and after exercising keeps your energy level high.
- It improves hormone functions and liver functions.
- Water makes your metabolism burn calories 3% faster. And it makes you feel energetic
- Burning calories creates toxins and water plays a vital role in flushing them out of your body.
- Drinking water aids digestion and prevents digestive problems and
- Drinking water with a meal can make you feel full sooner and therefore satisfied eating less.
It is important to consume more and keep drinking water throughout the day for better results in weight loss. Consumption of water is one of the major key factors for weight loss