We held our first ever Blog Post Challenge recently from 5-9th November in our Facebook group. The aim of the challenge was to help some of our bloggers get writing and working on their blog. Many were saying they were feeling demotivated and just couldn’t get into writing, or weren’t sure what to write about….so what better way then to get a challenge going!
Day 1 – New or Old
Our first day was writing about old and new. Bloggers were able to interpret this in any way they wanted and we had a number of entries:
- Katie wrote about An Old Woman Cannot Enter Jannah
- Jameela Ho was Welcoming an Intensive Care Newborn
- Salma was discussing 5 old wives tales about breastfeeding that are totally true!!
- Aleeza wrote about The best advice as a newly wed bride
- Zahra wrote about The Old Man
- Joanna decided to use our prompt and challenge as a New Chapter for her blog.
- Dr Nida Rashid took a different angle and wrote about her take on the oldest food preservation technique!
Day 2 – Seasons or Weather
Again bloggers were able to interpret this any way they wanted and it was interesting to see the variety in posts:
- Katie shared a Dua For Rain: Ask Allah To Make It Beneficial Rain
- Striving Muslimah wrote about what Autumn means to her
- Jameela Ho shared Quran Journaling Sheets: Rain
- Salma shared Travel Tips for the Holiday Season with a Toddler
- Dr Nida Rashid shared a recipe for Autumn Comfort Food Recipe – Pumpkin Masala
Day 3 – Stress
As it was National Stress Awareness day this was the perfect topic.
- Katie shared a Dua for Stress
- Salma discussed the Impact of stress during Pregnancy – A guide to a First time mom!
- Dr Nida Rashid talked about How stress affects the milk of a breastfeeding mother
Day 4 – Best Kept Secret
A more open topic on Day 4 to see what the bloggers could create as a blog post.
- Katie wrote about Which Deeds Are Best Kept Secret In Islam?
- Salma discussed The Best Kept Secrets about Babywearing
Day 5 – World Kindness Day
With World Kindness Day coming up, we decided to end our challenge with it as a writing prompt.
- Um Ayaraa wrote generally about Kindness
- Katie discussed that Simple Acts Of Kindness Could Lead You To Jannah
- Salma wrote A guide to practise Kindness in Family
The Prize and Winners
Access to our 2017 Muslimah Bloggers Summit was being offered to the winners.
We decided 2 sisters should win. These sisters posted every day and also consistently commented on the other posts that were entered.
If you want to take part in future challenges or simply just get some advice and support about your blog then please do join our main Facebook Group: Muslimah Bloggers.